Senegal’s squad for the 2022 World Cup is set to be named in October, and Aliou Cisse has hinted at who could be included in his squad for the September friendlies.
Senegal will face Bolivia and Iran this month as their preparation for the showpiece event in Qatar continues.
The reigning African champions booked their place in the tournament with victory over Egypt in the qualifying play-offs in March.
Senegal will be among the dark horses of the Qatar 2022 World Cup. They have a strong squad to call on and are a well-trained side under Cisse, who has led his country since 2015.
Senegal squad for the 2022 World Cup: The final squad for the September friendlies
- G: Edouard Mendy (Chelsea)
- G: Alfred Gomis (Rennes)
- GK: Seny Dieng (QPR)
- G: Mory Diaw (Clermont)
- Defender: Kalidou Koulibaly (Chelsea)
- Defender: Pape Abou Cissé (Olympiacos)
- Defender: Fode Ballo-Touré (AC Milan)
- Defender: Noah Fadiga (Brest)
- Defender: Ismail Jakobs (Monaco)
- D: Formosa Mendy (Amiens)
- Defender: Moussa Niakhate (Nottingham Forest)
- Defender: Abdou Diallo (RB Leipzig)
- Midfielder: Idrissa Gueye (Everton)
- MF: Pathé Ciss (Rayo Vallecano)
- MF: Cheikhou Kouyate (Nottingham Forest)
- MF: Pape Gueye (Marseille)
- Midfielder: Krepin Diatta (Monaco)
- MF: Nampalys Mendy (Leicester City)
- MF: Pape Matar Sarr (Tottenham)
- MF: Mamadou Loum (Reading)
- MF: Name of Moustapha (Pafos)
- AT: Sadio Mané (Bayern Munich)
- AT: Boulaye Dia (Salernitana)
- AT: Bamba Dieng (Marseille)
- AT: Ismaila Sarr (Watford)
- AT: Iliman Ndiaye (Sheffield United)
- AT: Nicolas Jackson (Villarreal)
- AT: Demba Seck (Turin)
How many players are Senegal allowed to take to the 2022 World Cup?
National managers were allowed to bring 26 players to last summer’s European Championship for the first time at a major tournament, as a special measure introduced due to the COVID-19 pandemic – while the Last year’s Copa America allowed teams of 28 players.
It has now been announced that 26-man squads will return for the Qatar World Cup, an extension of the usual 23-man squads.
When will Senegal’s final squad for the 2022 World Cup be announced?
The 2022 World Cup is taking place in November and December rather than June and July, due to the extreme heat in Qatar mid-year.
Usually, the World Cup takes place a few weeks after the end of the European season. This time, it is staged right in the middle. Senegal and all other competing nations must name their squads by October 20. It’s exactly a few days before the opening match, which will feature Senegal and the Netherlands.
Who will be part of the final team of the Senegal 2022 World Cup?
Sadio Mane is Senegal’s talisman and he will be the first name in Aliou Cissé’s squad for the 2022 World Cup. Provided they are fit, Chelsea duo Kalidou Koulibaly and Edouard Mendy will also be in the squad. plane to the Middle East.
Everton’s Idrissa Gueye is Senegal’s vice-captain and an important player for his country. Further experience will be provided by Cheikhou Kouyate, the new boy from Nottingham Forest who has won 82 caps at senior level.
Subscribe to FourFourTwo today and save more than a third off the shop price (opens in a new tab)
Stock up your kit bag with the best deals for footballers on Amazon now (opens in a new tab)
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW Qatar 2022 World Cup: Dates, Draw, Fixtures, Stadiums, Weather, Squads and Tickets
TO DRAW When will the 2022 World Cup group draw take place?